Friday, February 8, 2013

Book News: "Delirium" TV Show Casts Lead

As you may have all heard, Fox Network has ordered a pilot for Lauren Oliver's Delirium.  Karyn Usher (Prison Break, 2005-2009; Bones, 2009-2011) will pen and produce the television adaptation of Delirium.

Emma Roberts lands the lead as  Magdalena "Lena" Ella Haloway-Tiddle.  

Photo:  Neilson Barnard / Getty Images

"I’m not ugly, but I’m not pretty, either. Everything is in-between. I have eyes that aren’t green or brown, but a muddle. I’m not thin, but I’m not fat, either. The only thing you could definitely say about me is this: I’m short.” - Lauren Oliver, Delirium
This could be Roberts biggest role in a television series to date.  

Fox 2000 acquired the movie rights in 2011, but after much deliberation, it was decided that this series would work best as a television show.  

The series' third and final installment, Requiem, hits shelves on Mar. 5, 2013.

Can I get a "woot woot"?!

-Mariela

No comments:

Post a Comment